Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Clinton v. Obama...Words Edition


YES! It is finally getting started, something we all saw coming. Clinton v. Obama...words edition. Maureen Dowd's column in the New York Times today has Sen. Clinton meaner than a dog crappin tacks.

In the column Dowd interviewed billionaire Hollywood mogul David Geffen, a one time major supporter of Bill Clinton. Geffen, who hosted a fundraiser for Sen. Barack Obama last night, made some stabbing remarks about the Clintons. "I think that they believe she's the easiest to defeat, Obama is inspirational, and he's not from the Bush royal family or the Clinton royal family."

I have to agree with both of these comments by Mr. Geffen. Most people are plain tired of having regimes here in America. Two families occupying the white house for 20 years already, possibly 8 more....man it give me a headache just thinking about it!

Today Sen. Clinton said "I want to run a very positive campaign, and I sure don't want Democrats or the supporters of Democrats to be engaging in the politics of personal destruction." Give me a break, that's like bin Laden saying "bombs are bad, I would never condone the use of them."
The Clintons are notorious for waging the nastiest, most secretive, hurtful campaigns of our time. They have already gotten started; do you remember the lie that Obama was schooled at an extremist school overseas. It made headlines for about a day. Most people knew it was a lie, but it got people talking. Where do you think that little white lie came from? On voting day, little things like that can change a voter's mind, and the Clintons know that better than you or me.

Today the Clinton camp called for Sen. Obama to denounce the comments by Mr. Geffen. This makes no logical sense. A supporter of his said the comments, Sen. Obama didn't. I support about 6 candidates right now(from both parties), one of them is Sen. Obama. Therefore I am to Obama's campaign nothing less than what Mr. Geffen is to Obama's campaign, a supporter. Going by Clinton's logic Obama should have to denounce my words when I say, "Hillary Clinton would make a terrible president."

As Mr. Geffen put it, "I don't think another incredibly polarizing figure...can bring the country together."

No comments: